Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February Add-On Kit with Nathalie & Trina




Hello everyone,

Nathalie and I are popping into today to share some of the pages we made with this month's beautiful February 2020 12" x 12" Scrapbooking Kit Add-On. This kit has a delightful mix of products primarily from Crate Paper Magical Forest and Pinkfresh My Favorite Story. February 2020 kits begin shipping out tomorrow.

Trina's Projects

I went on a recent girls' road trip on the central coast of California. There is nothing like blue skies and sunshine to bring out the inner artist.

My first project didn't start out as a tribute page, but quickly morphed into one. I was working with a photo I took on my brother's birthday right after I saw a plaque set into stone that read "Sit and relax. Enjoy the moment." That plaque, those moments along the 17 Mile Drive and thinking about my brother turned into this page. The triangles and enamel dots became pieces of my fractured heart. I loved working on this project even though it was unexpected. The italic title is from our new Upper and Lower Case Italic Alphabet & Number stamp set. (NOTE: I pulled the antique lace and book pages from my vintage stash.)


Here's a close-up:


My next project took on many different forms before it became this. Primarily it was made by playing around with small pieces of the pattern paper that comes in the February kit.


Here are a couple of close-ups:





Now it is time for Nathalie to share a bit of inspiration!


Nathalie's Project


Hi there!

This month's add-on kit is the perfect combination of color, design and sentiment which is the key to enhancing your memory keeping.   I wanted something soft and dreamy to document a recent picture of one of our Goddaughter's first day of dance school, so  i pulled some watercolor and just played with papers to create this page.




I wanted a background that was going to make everything else stand out, so i pulled a bit of Licorice liquid watercolor from Pinkfresh Studio ( available at the CTK shop) and using a large brush just added a few strokes on the page.   I followed this  with a bit of texture paste and a simple circle stencil, and set it aside to dry.





I pulled all the Pinkfresh Studio - My Favorite Story collection- papers, in the add-on kit, and vellum to create all the butterflies using a metal die.   I layered the vellum atop the paper butterflies to create the soft look on the images.  All the negative pieces of papers were then used to create the layers behind the picture.




Once i set the picture on the background, i used the butterflies to create three clusters surrounding the page.  I added a bit stamped sentiments around the clusters using the Traveler's Notebook  and  Life Crafted: Possibilities stamp sets, as well as some enamel dots from the add-on kit.






To make the color of my baby's tutu stand out, i simple folded the background and added small pieces of the Beauty of Simplicity paper and a few fussy cut flowers from the Bloom and Grow paper  -both from PinkFresh Studio-.  With so many beautiful embellishments, it was so easy to add a title and embellish the page.



I hope you stop by the  CTK shop to check this gorgeous add-on kit ( kits start shipping today)!  There is so many possibilities in this little bundle of paper and embellishments that it will sure enhance your stories.

XO




No comments:

Post a Comment