Monday, November 16, 2020

SPARKLE AND JOY with Guest Designer Danielle

 

 

Earlier in the year I created a VHS video travelers notebook using a Citrus Twist kit – I was a woman possessed and I had so much fun creating this bonkers 80’s idea to store my favourite movie lists.


I knew that in my December documenting I wanted to include a list of my Top 5 Christmas movies and I had a complete lightbulb moment that I could recreate the VHS, but with a festive spin!

I used the candy stripe paper and a template from my printable store to cut out the various parts of the video. I used foam pads to raise up parts of the VHS so it had a fun 3D look. I added another more muted gold snowflake paper along with a journal card which I cut up and added puffy alphas and a gold puffy word from the Sparkle and Joy kit to spell out my ‘movie magic’ title.



I cut one of the chipboard stickers in half to use for the video’s cassette reel and some black cardstock from my stash to create the reel of tape itself.


I’m a bit obsessed with adding fun interactive elements to my documenting and this was no exception. On the reverse of the VHS I added a background of mint and white Christmas trees using four of the digital journal cards side by side to create a paper. I fussy cut out the digital labels and added my top 5 Christmas movies to each one. I used the red alphas to spell out Christmas and also used the red numbers to highlight where each movie ranked in my top 5.

I really hope you like my project and it gives you some fun ideas for adding interactive mini projects to your December documenting and Life Crafted album. We all have those Christmas movies that we watch each year without fail – this is a kooky way to document them.

Thanks so much

Danielle



No comments:

Post a Comment