Thursday, November 12, 2020

Sparkle & Joy with Krystal

 


Hi all! Krystal here with a fun embellishment tutorial using the Sparkle & Joy kit. Today I'll be showing you how to make rosettes to add to your album. Let's get started!


I started by choosing 7 papers, mostly leftover scraps, from the kit. I trimmed each of them down to thin strips, measuring between 1/2 and 1 1/2 inches wide. I cut two strips of the same width from each paper so that I could adhere them together to make one long strip to make the rosette from.


Once I had all of the strips cut, I used my score board to score the strips every 1/4 inch along the length. Then I folded them accordion style, making sure to alternate the beginning fold of each strip so that they could fit together nicely. I used a glue gun to adhere both sides of each strip together to create folded circles. Then I glued them to a circle of cardstock to create the rosettes.


Once I had all of the rosettes glued together, I embellished the front of each using paper circles, along with some of the chipboard circles and puffy stickers from the kit. 


If you had trouble following along with the written tutorial, you can find more detailed instructions in the video below.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you were able to find some inspiration for using your Sparkle & Joy kit this December. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment