Thursday, November 5, 2020

Our November Guest Designer : ASHLEY RODGERS

 

Hi there!

We loved Ashley's work with our October Life Crafted kit, and had to ask her back as a guest designer with the LEGENDARY Life Crafted kit.  I leave you with Ashley...



Happy November! I’m so excited to be back as a guest designer this month. Today, I’m sharing a fun spread I created with the November Legendary Life Crafted kit.

 


All the beautiful patterned paper in this kit inspired me to create a spread about the mountains. It is truly one of my favorite places to be.

 


 On the left page I used two 3x4 journal cards at the top, and I chose four coordinating papers from the kit to create an abstract landscape at the bottom.

 


To finish the page, I added an embellishment from the November digital tag collection above my journaling and popped it up with foam tape for dimension.

 

 

On the right page I had a lot of fun using the puffy heart stickers and enamel dots from the kit.

 


 

There are two layers here. For the first layer, I stamped a sentiment from the Legendary Life Crafted stamp set onto white cardstock in a repeated pattern. For the second layer, I used a piece of mint green vellum, and I added the puffy heart stickers upside down to look like mountains.

 


 

Here, I cut down a piece of acetate to layer over my photo and added the enamel dots on top of it. I just followed the slope of the mountains in the photo, and I think it creates a neat effect.

 


It also echoes the design of the journal card I used on the left page which brings the whole spread together.

 


 

Thanks so much for joining me today and have fun creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment