Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sparkle & Joy with Patricia

 


Hello Friends!  I cannot wait to see how everyone documents this December with the Sparkle & Joy kit.  It is my favorite time to gain inspiration from each other.  And speaking of each other, even though I do not create base pages, in part of my prepping, I want to include an intro page that is very different from past years.  Here is my idea and inspiration for this years documenting.


First, I have one of the new Christmas Dividers/Tabs cut files cut from mirrored gold paper.  I made a goof in punching my holes, so used the pattern paper from the kit as reinforcers and as a way to add color and texture as you open my album.

Ah 2020, so many emotions and so much happening this year.  I used one of the cut files to create a vellum overlay of 2020 for my intro page.


I'm using the This is Life AM/PM stamp set and will keep it handy as I begin documenting.  I feel like this stamp really captures and sums up the positive I want to focus on from the year as it comes to a close.  Not ignoring what took place, but acknowledging it and showing how I want to make the choice and walkaway from how I've grown from the year.  I typed out the lyrics of Image of God by We are Messengers.  Like the stamp, the song captures the feeling I want to bring into this year's album. 


I typed the lyrics on the October TN pattern paper, and changed it to a light green, then added my text in a darker green.  I stamped at the top and bottom with the This is Life AM/PM, then placed the vellum 2020 over it.  


Once that was in place, I added hand stitching and puffy stickers from the kit.


I love this opening in my album as a reminder that we are all made in the Image of God.  It is setting my intention to make this December and close of the year more meaningful.  Hope this inspires you to dig deeper into how you want to document this year and ways to use the kit and digitals!  You can watch the video of the divider and my opening page coming together in the video below or here on the Citrus Twist Kits YouTube channel.





No comments:

Post a Comment