Saturday, November 7, 2020

3-to-Inspire with Ashley Horton

 

Hi everyone!  It's Ashley, and I'm here today with a new layout using the November Legendary Life Crafted Kit!  I love everything about this month's Kit, and I've got a 3-to-Inspire challenge for you, based on my layout!

Here are my 3-to-Inspire suggestions for creating your layout:

1.  Use two different patterned papers

2.  Layer embellishments over and behind your photo

3.  Add texture with at least 3 different types of embellishments


When I am using more than one patterned paper, I usually like to pair a more subtle design with a bolder color or pattern.  For this layout, I used the black & white diamond pattern on the left side of the layout and the teal grid pattern on the right side.  I love the contrast this creates and it helps in deciding where I want to place my photo/photos, journaling and embellishments.


I really loved the embellishments that are included in the November LC Kit, so I wanted to use as many as possible.  Since I had planned to use a photo that was the width of my patterned paper, I thought it would be fun to layer the embellishments over it and behind it.  Using a larger photo, keeps the amount of embellishments from overwhelming it.  Had I used a smaller photo, I would have gone with less embellishing.


One of my favorite techniques on a layout, is adding texture/dimension.  There is always a great mix of embellishments in each month's LC Kit, that allows me to do this.  I used ephemera pieces, enamel dots and puffy stickers on this layout to give it visual interest.

I hope you will try out my tips to inspire you to use your November Legendary LC Kit!  And make sure you share it with us in the CTK Facebook group!



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment