Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sparkle & Joy Inspiration with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today with a bit of December Documenting inspiration using the Sparkle and Joy kit.  Most of my December albums are always filled with simple interactive elements and probably an abundance of glitz and gold.   Well, this year is no different, and I am loving all the small elements of the Sparkle and Joy kit and the new Christmas Add-On kit ( now sold out!).



I started this page around the simple glassine bag -in the top right corner of the layout-.  I pulled two of the Sparkle and Joy kit to serve as the background and the banner for the page.  Then pulled a few pieces from one of the Antique Findings kit ( Trina puts these together every so often, and I try my best to get one when I can), the Santa die cut from the Add on kit and also die cut stars.



I stitched the papers and the bag to the background, then bundled the thread tails behind the layers - adds texture to the page-.  I used a few puffy gold stickers to create part of the title (the rest will be added once I add picture/s to the layout.


To tie both sides of the layout together, I created the small acetate flap.  I machine stitched the stars to the center, and left a 0.5" overhang, so that I can create a sleeve around the picture if necessary.  My idea is to add a puffy gold stickers as a subtitle so that  it continues the look of the page.



Both my kids are Christmas babies ( which makes it an expensive holiday for us). So, for my next page, I created one of the two layouts for my son's 20th -OMG, he is not a baby anymore-.   



I used the acetate idea from my  cover page to create a flap for the one side of the page, and cut papers from the kit to create part of the title.  I added numbers made from glitter gold paper and puffy alphas from the CTK shop.   The acetate opens up to showcase a large photo of my son (to be added after).



I am loving then new Instax pocket configurations.  This time, I mixed  in a fun sequin shaker pocket and the digital tags.     Here is video on how these pages came together, enjoy:



As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.  I cannot wait to see what you create with the kits!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment