Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Krystal


Hi everyone, Krystal here with this week's Pocket Page Challenge. I was so excited to dig into the Night and Day kit and use it in my Project Life album! It's absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to show you how it turned out.

But before I share all of the details, I wanted to challenge you to try the following three things:
1. Layer your embellishments to make them work for you
2. Add stamping to further personalize your embellishment clusters
3. Add hidden journaling 

Okay, now onto the details!



For my title card, I chose to use this beautiful floral paper from the kit. It tied in all of the other colors on my spread and added a lot of pattern. I brought in some white alphas from a previous kit to add my title, then embellished with a few of the gold puffy pieces from this month's kit. 


This week I had more 3x4 photos and only one 4x6 photo, so to make the 3x4 photos work in a 4x6 pocket, I paired them with a 3x4 card from the kit and backed both the photo and the card with an index card from my stash. This way the smaller bits won't float around in the larger pocket. 


I love adding layers of embellishments on top of my photos. And there were so many phrases in this kit that worked perfectly for documenting this week! For this photo I combined a piece from the Digital Cutapart sheet with a die cut and a little chipboard circle from the kit. I love how it turned out!


The bottom pocket was another 3x4 photo and card combo, and I used the same trick to make it fit the 4x6 pocket. I also added some hidden journaling behind it using the grid paper from the kit. I numbered three of my photos with the white alpha set, then stamped 1, 2, and 3 down the side of the paper using the Outline Alpha stamp. Now I have a lot more space for all of the stories I wanted to tell this week without having to sacrifice room for photos. I also added a tab to the top of my hidden journaling so that future me will know it's there. 


For the bottom left photo, I layered one of the tickets from the Night and Day Digital Tags with tag from the cutapart sheet. I added a stamp to personalize it to my story, then finished it off with another gold puffy heart. I just can't get enough of those hearts!!


I also added some stamping directly to one of my photos. I love doing this to photos with a lot of blank space in them. This photo of our foggy backyard was a perfect candidate. Stamping on photos can be tricky, so I suggest playing around with different inks until you find one that works for the photo paper you use. 


And that is this week's spread all done! You can see the whole thing come together in the video below. 




Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you found some inspiration for using your kits. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment