Friday, April 17, 2020

LIFE CRAFTED WITH ASHLEY HORTON


Hello everyone!  It's Ashley, and I'm here today to share some inspiration with you, using the April 2020 Life Crafted Night & Day Kit in my Charcoal Gray Life Crafted Album!  I also added in a little bit of a Digital touch with the Night & Day Traveler's Notebook Basics Digital Papers.


Since the theme of my TN layout was AM. and PM., I wanted to do a mirror image design across both pages.  I printed the AM./PM. Notebook Basics Digital Paper and then trimmed the two pieces in half.  I placed them along the outside edges of the white paper that I cut to 5in.x8.25in to fit in my Life Crafted Album.  And, I printed my two photos at the same size and placed them under the AM./PM. cards.


I initially planned on doing my journaling in Adobe Illustrator on the AM./PM. cards before printing them.  Then I changed my mind and decided to use my typewriter instead.  I typed my journaling at the top of each of the cards and also included the time the photos were taken.  I really like the imperfect look of the journaling, that I got by using the typewriter.


I wanted to incorporate a bit of stamping on my layout also.  I love all of the fun phrases from the stamp set included in the Night & Day Kit and the April 2020 AM/PM Stamp and the April 2020 Traveler's Notebook Stamp.  I pulled a couple of the tabs from the Ephemera Pieces and stamped breakfast and lunch on them.  Then, I cut out two of the Cut Apart Labels for a couple of other stamped phrases/words.


When I was designing my layout, I intentionally left empty space after my journaling on the AM./PM. cards.  I wanted to bring in some of the awesome embellishments from the kit to fill in those spaces.  I love to mix different textures, to create interest, so I used one of the Faux Leather Stickers, with some of the Ephemera Pieces.  To avoid a "flat" look with the ephemera pieces, I placed pop dots behind a couple of them and also used my tiny attacher to add dimension.  You can also add great texture/dimension by stitching your embellishments before adding them to your page.

I hope you've been inspired with some ideas from my post today, on ways to use your Life Crafted Kits!  I love that there are so many different ways to use all of the pieces in the Kit.



No comments:

Post a Comment