Friday, April 10, 2020

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with a really quick spread in my Life Crafted album.


I had created this black and white photo strip in Photoshop using a few really poor quality photos I took one night. Converting photos to black and white is an instant way to disguise poor quality! But because I now had neutral photos, it meant I could go any direction as far as a colour scheme.


I loved this peachy coloured floral paper and decided to embrace the kind of vintage, shabby style. I trimmed out the lace part of another paper, punched the edge with a border punch and stitched the two pieces together to add some texture. Then I adhered both pieces to my background.


I matted my photo with a scrap of a peach coloured paper and then used some craft foam to adhere it to my page for a bit of dimension.


I decided where my title was going to go and then ran my background card stock directly through my typewriter to add my journalling. The title was a little too bright so I added some gesso on top of the gold to tone it down a bit and add to the vintage feel of the page.


I created three points of interest by adding some chipboard pieces and some splatters of coral and called the whole thing done!


Here's a look at the process this layout took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to share your Life Crafted pages in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page! We'd all love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment