Thursday, April 16, 2020

Let's Get Hybrid with Shannon



Hey there, crafty friends! Shannon here with a fun double-sided 6x8 hybrid spread. I absolutely love working in the hybrid format. It opens up a whole new world of opportunities! Did you know that Citrus Twist offers a variety of free digital files to subscribers each month? Cut files, bonus 3x4 cards, and a sheet of printable elements can all be found under Shop > Subscriber Digital Files. There are also more digital files that you can purchase and use over and over again. Let me show you how I used them on my spread.



I love the Night & Day Traveler's Notebook Basics Digital Papers. I opted to use one on the right side of my spread as a place for my photo and journaling. Since it's digital, I was able to type my journaling directly on the page before printing. I mentioned that it's a TN paper and this spread is 6x8. Working in Photoshop, I created a 6x8 rectangle and clipped the TN page to it. It cut off a little of the top and bottom but, as you can see, it didn't affect the overall design. To fill in the rest of the right page, I "cut" 3 of the Night & Day Digital Traveler's Notebook Papers into strips in Photoshop and lined them up along the right side of the TN Basic paper.


Next, I moved on to the left side of my spread. This side was so much fun to put together! I used a lot of April 2020 Printable Cut Apart Elements mixed with ephemera and chipboard that was included with the April 2020 Night & Day Life Crafted Kit. I lined up the elements before adhering anything. I wanted to make sure that I had a good spread of color across the page.



To make my spread of embellishments look more put together I paid close attention to lines. I use a ruler to line up the edges on the left and right sides. I also made sure the embellishments on the top and bottom touched the edges of the paper. It makes everything look more intentional. I tried to create a couple of visual triangles with chipboard pieces and then again with stars. Again, it adds cohesiveness to a splatter of embellishments.



My finishing touch was to add some stamps. I don't think a project of mine is ever complete without at least one stamp! I used all of the stamps available this month - April 2020 Life Crafted Traveler's Notebook Stamp, April 2020 This is Life AM/PM Stamp, and the stamp included in the April 2020 Night & Day Life Crafted Kit.


This was such a fun page to put together - and the majority of it is hybrid! I hope I've inspired you to dip your toe into the hybrid pool. I bet that you'll love the options it opens up to you. If you have questions about working in the hybrid format, give us a shout out on the CTK Fan Page on Facebook so we can help you out. I can't wait to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment