Wednesday, December 9, 2020

DECEMBER DOCUMENTING with Nathalie


 

Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to share with you what I have documented in my December Life Crafted (vol 1).  I document all the things, so I have planned for a two albums, starting with the Candy Apple one, to then move to a Fir album.  I had created a few base pages ( you can find the videos in the CTK YouTube chanel) that are coming in handy when documenting our days!


I used pieces from the Sparkle and Joy kit to embellish the page all about our Christmas tree.  I always take lots of pictures of the process of getting the tree trimmed which lead me to create an interactive pocket for my album.



I created tags for each of the kids pictures, and then used one of the Digital TN papers from the Comfort and Joy kit to add my story.   A few embellishments from the Sparkle and Joy, November Add on kit and my stash complete this page!



This year, I am trying to keep things chronological ( with a few extras in between).  We were lucky to start our December with a Snowy wonderland here in Toronto, so most of my photos are all about the day.  I used one of the Instax page protectors to add all my extra photos and lines of journal.



 To create my lines of journal, I used one of the Digital Tags from November 2020, I simply change the color and blurred the small sentiment, then added my lines of journal.  I added a small sentiment to the picture using the Weathering stamp set, and then finished the page with simple shaker pocket!



I took advantage of the b side of the instax pocket to create a layout about my family's love for chocolate Advent  calendars.  I was able to put a picture of each of them with their chocolate calendars and used the shaker pocket to add a small sentiment ( December 2020 Digital files).



Since I had a large title, but very little to the story, I decided to create my own 3x8 card.  I  printed my journaling ( December 2020 digital file) card then made up the rest of the card space with a paper from this month's add-on kit.  The title was stamped with coral ink using the Madison alpha stamp set, then used a stencil to create the embossed white polkadots.  A few embellishments from the Hey Santa collection (available at the shop) complete the page!



I love simple layouts ( one page layouts) for my documenting.  Once again, I used the back of the previous page as the starting point for these...



For this page, I used Digital files form Comfort and Joy to create the insert. First, I trimmed the picture to a circle using a die, then added my lines of journal to a Sparkle and Joy PL Card.  These were all attached to TN paper from the Comfort and Joy collection. Before attaching the layout to the album, I added a simple vellum flap -  the cut file used is from a past release)



For this layout, I used one of the TN papers from the latest digital release.  The file was manipulated so that the TN paper sits horizontally.   Just a few lines of journal complete the page.




Lastly, this year, I am adding a calendar at the back of the album with just a small snippet of the day's that other story.  The pictures are about a 1"x1", and  there is small list of the caption being worked as a companion.   

I hope these all serve you as inspiration to document your days in your Life Crafted albums.  Remember to share what you are creating using #DECEMBERLIFECRAFTED.

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment