Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Pocket Life Challenge | Patricia

 


Hello CTK Friends!  I've been very inspired by the products available this month as well as the cut files.  I started this pocket page project with the first inspiration I had of using this fold out cut file from the December Screen cut files.


I cut it from white cardstock.  A way to add a little bit of pattern to it was I placed the pattern paper under the cut out, traced as best I could to get a general guide, and then trimmed and adhered it to the top, finishing it with some die cuts and chipboard.


For the inside, I sized and trimmed a photo to fit the entire area.  I used the blue foam alphas along with the Chloe Regular alpha stamp in white pigment ink to go along with the design of my daughter's first tutu.  The 'tutu' is from the gold alpha stickers in the Fall kit from November.


I really wanted to include three photos, but I did not have a pocket available for it.  I love the adhesive strips because you can trim them to fit where you need it.  This also allowed a spot for journaling.  I used one of the TN Basics digitals, cropped just the pattern, and then typed my journaling to print, trim, and adhere to the back of this photo, while tucking in another die cut in between them.



I used the music paper from the Marigold 6x8 paper pad in the shop to fill four of my pockets.  I printed my photo as a 4x4, trimmed and filled the center 4 2"x2" pockets.  Next I used the Big Numbers to stamp the date of these photos, then die cut them into circles to adhere over the pattern paper.


I added 'good choice' from the Currently stamp and a die cut onto one section of the photo.  For the die cut at the top of the photo, I stapled it on the outside and in between the pockets, so I can add another pocket to the back side for more documenting.


So my 3 challenges for you are:

    Use a cut file with a photo
    Use a large photo to trim and fill multiple pockets
    Use the Big Numbers to date and work within the design of your pockets

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment