Saturday, December 12, 2020

3-to-Inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a pocket page spread in your Life Crafted and remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Get yourself in the photo
  2. NO white backgrounds
  3. Use your stamps

For my take on this challenge, I created a spread in my Life Crafted album. When my December DT box arrived, the first thing I did was take out the AMAZING Get Messy stamp set and start playing with some stamps. I even filmed a little reel for Instagram. While I was doing all that, I snapped a photo from over head of me working at my desk. I achieved this by balancing my phone camera on a shelf above me.


Stamping the background pattern onto some lovely, sunny yellow card stock did take a little while but was totally worth it. I started from the middle of my card stock and tried to use every stamp on the set! Using a tone on tone colour scheme keeps everything very subtle and stops the pattern from becoming overwhelmingly busy. For an even simpler way to achieve this look, take a peek at my process video below and I'll show you the cheat version!


I typed my journaling onto some spare white card and then adhered a 3x4 photo to the front. I slipped a few sequins into the bottom of a page protector, then placed my photo and journalling into the middle of it and stitched all the way around with my sewing machine to encapsulate it. Then I added a few more sequins on top and stitched the whole things hut to create a little shaker page. If you don't have a sewing 
machine, you could hand stitch it, use a fuse tool, or even staple you photo to the page protector.


Lastly, I added some amazing pink alphas to my photo to create a title, making sure that when the shaker page it flipped over, my journaling didn't obstruct any of the title. And that's it, a super fun, super fast spread made in minutes!

Here's a look at the process this spread took ...


Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment