Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Kira

 

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another life crafted layout using this week's Sunday Sketch!  Here's a look at the sketch I am using today:

 

And here's my take on the sketch:

I stuck fairly close to the sketch this month, but did so on just one page of my double page spread.  I started by choosing a story I wanted to document.  My kids love playing their tablets, but tend to do so right next to each other (sometimes sharing a single chair), because they love to talk to each other while they play.  I had written down one quote from my oldest son, so I knew I wanted to include that in a layout.  Luckily, I had a perfect photo to go with my story and printed that in black and white at about 2.5" square.  

 

I decided to go sort of monochrome with my papers and embellishments, and fell in love with the plus sign paper included in the add on kit.  Instead of a completely white background paper, I decided to use a cardstock from Cardstock Warehouse in the color Barely Grey.  I used the reverse side of the plus paper for the paper strip in the middle of the page.  


I added a simple cluster in the corner of my photo, a word die cut on top of some black stitching, and used a die cut for my title, which sits above my quote and the date my son said it.  I added some black splatters and enamel dots as well.  


The reverse page holds the bulk of my story and since I didn't want to overpower the page, I kept the embellishing simple.  I grabbed one of the birds from the die cut pack since it was in my color scheme, and built a cluster around him using die cuts, enamel dots and a puffy word sticker.  I added a bit of texture by bringing in some bakers twine from my stash.  

 

I can't wait to see how y'all use this sketch!  Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira 



No comments:

Post a Comment