Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Krystal



Hey everyone! Krystal here with this week's sketch. I'm so excited to be working with a sketch this week, and I can't wait to share what I've created! First of all, here's this week's sketch.


And here's the page I made!


I used both the "Journeys" Life Crafted Kit and the May Scrapbook Add-On for this page, and I LOVE how it turned out.


I followed the sketch pretty closely for this one. I knew I wanted to use the Amy Tangerine paper from the Scrapbook Add-On for my background layer, and chose papers from the Life Crafted Kit to coordinate with it. 


I added journaling directly to my background cardstock using my typewriter. I love adding my journaling this way! I made sure I knew where all of the elements on my page were going to go, then before gluing anything down, I ran the whole thing through my typewriter. So easy!


For my title, I used a combination of the alphas from the Add-On and one of the die cut ephemera pieces from the Life Crafted Kit. I love the combination of these fonts and how they nestle together. 


Once I had all of the elements from the sketch in place, I decided to add a few extra bits and pieces to further embellish the page and make it my own. I chose a few of the adorable little flowers from the Thickers set in the Add-On and added a few more die cuts from the ephemera pack as well. 


And that's my page all finished! I love how easy it is to put a page together using a sketch. It's perfect for times when you're not feeling super creative or when you're feeling paralyzed by the blank page. Having a pre-determined design gives you someplace to start and helps to get the creative ball rolling. 


If you want to see how this page came together, you can see all of the details and my decision process in the video below. 



Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you all back here soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment