Friday, May 22, 2020

Life Crafted with Ashley Horton


Hi there everyone!  I hope you are all doing well and finding some time to work with your Life Crafted Kits!  I'm here today with a new layout, using the May Journeys Life Crafted Kit.  I LOVE to make travel layouts, so this month's Kit is right up my alley!


When I sat down to work on this layout, I knew I wanted to use the Daytripping Stamp with the May Kit.  I stamped the rectangle on white paper and cut each one out.  Then I stamped some of the phrases and images with some of my colored inks.  I used my 1 inch hole punch to punch out the circles.  Before adding them to the rectangle, I machine stitched around each of the circles to add some texture.


Once I had all of the stamping completed, I used one of the 6x8 patterned papers for my background.  I arranged all of the stamped rectangles on my background paper and off-set them to create some interest in the design.  I also wanted to add some dimension and more embellishing, so I placed Chipboard Stickers, Tiny Word Stickers and Ephemera with each of the stamped rectangles.


I decided to make my photo as large as I could to go across the page on the right-hand side.  I always like to bring attention to my photo, by adding embellishments around it or directly over the photo.  Most of the time, I keep this in mind when I am taking my photos and intentionally shoot them with white space in the photo.  I used a Chipboard Sticker, Faux Leather Sticker and Tiny Word Sticker over my photo.


To finish the layout, I decided to add a vertical title to off-set the horizontal photo.  I cut one of the tags from the ephemera pack and placed the two pieces above and below my photo.  Then, I used the Puffy Alpha stickers for my title.

I hope you've been inspired by my layout today, and got some ideas for your next layout!  Even though the May Journeys Kit is sold out, you can still purchase it in Digital format.  And make sure you are keeping up with Citrus Twist on Social Media to see some sneak peeks of the gorgeous June Kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment