Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Lisa



Hi Friends! Today I'm sharing a pocket page spread I created with the May Kit in my Life Crafted Album. My challenge is simple: pick your favorite embellishment from the kit, and use multiples (maybe even the whole sheet).

Like many of you, we've been stick inside for weeks and one of my favorite pastimes during the quarantine has been to revisit some of my favorite vacations from the past. I chose this photo documenting Ben's first time at the beach with my mom. The month's kit is perfect for documenting those trips you've never had time to finish. 

I started with this gorgeous photo spanning both pages. I knew I wanted to embellish the photo, but I also didn't want to take away from the overall composition. I fell in love with the word phrase stickers and the sentiments were perfect. I also noticed the colors worked really well together. Normally, when I fall on love with an embellishment I tend to hoard them. I decided to go big or go home with this one.
Next, I needed to include my journaling. This was a relatively short story and this filler card just so happened to have the perfect amount of space on the back to include my story of our trip to the beach. 

I love how this spread turned out and I think the stickers add so much. Sometimes more is better. Hope you all are able to enjoy some crafty time, and are safe and healthy at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment