Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Marsha


Hey friends! It's Marsha here today with this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I love using sketches, and this one is so perfect!  I used the NEW May Life Crafted Journeys Kit, This Is Life Daytripping Stamp, and some of the digitals from the shop.

Here's a look at the sketch:



Here's my Life Crafted layout using the sketch:


To begin the layout, I printed a ledger paper from the Documenter TN Basics Digital Papers onto white cardstock.  These papers are perfect to use as background pages in the Life Crafted Album!  I trimmed a few patterned papers from the kit and layered them behind my photo, following the sketch.  Next, I added an ephemera piece and some labels from this month's Printable Cutapart Elements.  I used the Daytripping Stamp to stamp a few sentiments using black ink.  To embellish, I added an embossed faux leather sticker, an aqua puffy ampersand, and a chipboard sticker.


To complete this page, I typed my journaling onto a piece of vellum, stapled it onto the page, and stamped a camera icon using the Daytripping Stamp. I also stamped the date using a roller date stamp from my stash.


For the right side of the spread, I printed a Digital TN Paper to use as the background.  I trimmed one of the journaling cards from the kit into a tag shape to hold the title, choosing to add it upside down for added interest.  I stamped the word "exploring" using the Daytripping Stamp and completed the title using the puffy aqua alphabet stickers.  I continued to follow the sketch and added some patterned paper behind the tag and layered an ephemera view master reel die cut to the edge of the layers.  I also added another one of the puffy faux leather stickers above the title.


To complete the page, I continued to follow the sketch and added a strip of patterned paper to the bottom of the layout.  As a final finishing touch, I added some machine stitching to several areas of the spread.  I love the texture and interest this adds!


This layout came together so quickly using the sketch!  I hope you will join in on this week's sketch challenge and share your projects with us on the CTK Fan Page on Facebook or use #citrustwistkits on Instagram.

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment