Tuesday, December 3, 2019

POCKET LIFE CHALLENGE WITH ERICA




Hey Guys! It's Erica here with some Pocket Life inspiration. For my first project with the gorgeous December Hustle & Heart Life Crafted Kit I worked on week 46 in my 2019 Project Life album.





I was immediately inspired by the masculine tones and elements in the kit and knew I wanted to focus on the blues, grays and wood grains.





In addition to the Life Crafted kit I also printed and fussy cut this month's Free Subscriber Cutaparts. They are such a good source for layering pieces and labels to extend your die cuts! I layered one of the tags on my title card with the puffy alpha stickers for my week and dipped into one of my previous kits for the mini tile alphas to spell out the week.





On a lot of my cards I stuck to a simple formula of two embellishments paired with a label. I love combining the tiny word stickers with the chipboard or die cut phrases to alter the meaning of an embellishment.





On some of my cards I pulled a few layers off of the chipboard pieces so I could layer them underneath my labels. But I also left many of them at their full height to create some texture.





I was drawn to the snarky phrases on the stamp set which went perfectly with the movie quote I wanted to highlight. Instead of typing straight onto the card I grabbed a piece of vellum- which not only provides a bit of texture but is a fail safe in case you make a typo or can't fit it all onto the first piece you cut (and yes, I did both!).

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope this inspires you to work on some of your own pocket pages!



No comments:

Post a Comment