Monday, December 16, 2019

December Album using December Kits with Emma!

Hello CTK friends!  Emma on the blog today to share a little look through my December album!  It's been a long time since I've had the chance to sit down and actually put some pages together but with the Christmas season upon us, I knew I had to try to put another album together - not just to record all the Christmasy things, but just the everyday chaos that is December for my family :)

My motto for this year is "keep it simple and get it done!".  I've a terrible habit of overthinking when putting albums together (which means they take forever to do..) but I just don't have the time for it this year.  Cue the Life Crafted Album and page protectors!  Teamed with the December Life Crafted Kit and December Add-on and I'm happy to report that I am managing to stay up-to-date, yay!  And after a few months break from scrapbooking, I can't tell you how exciting it is ;)

I am using the Black Life Crafted Album this year and I painted the gold plate on the outside white.


On my spine I've added one of the Crate Paper Snowflakes chipboard pieces (from this store this month) along with a "December" sticker (from the Christmas Stories Kit - sadly it sold out in record time!) and added a white tag from my stash with the year stamped on it (stamp from the store too, Heidi Swapp Winter Wonderland).

I was worried painting the gold plate might not work out (and I'd ruin my album, ha) but it's actually finished up looking rather nice I think!  Just taped up the cloth area around the plate using washi tape then spray-painted it with white paint.  Fiddly but easy enough!


And rather than blabber on I thought I'd just take a heap of photos sharing my album - here's a look through of what I've done so far (lots of photos to follow!):


For my cover page I created a wreath using craft wire and white twine.  I created a circle shape with the craft wire then knotted short lengths of twine around it - once it was full I just trimmed the twine down and fixed it in place on a clear page using a couple stitches.




No album of mine is ever complete without at least one sequin pocket!  I'm sure another will appear before the end ;)



Lots of changes around here with Zack finishing up Grade 6 and getting ready to start High School.  Meant he had to get his first suit for Graduation!  He looks so grown up, cry!  That chipboard piece from the Life Crafted Kit was a perfect match for that days story!




All of the chipboard and thickers used throughout my album are fixed on top of the protector pages - stops them looking too bulky inside the pocket.








As you can see - there's not much to my December album.  Lots of random moments, not all of it Christmas-related, but I'm getting those moments recorded.  And keeping it simple means that I get it done!

Sticking with the 3x4 Page Protectors and 4x6 Page Protectors also keeps things consistent and it's so easy to just run the photos off on the printer, pop them into a pocket, add a few little stickers here and there to suit and add some journaling on top.  All of my journaling is typed up on the computer then printed out on plain white copy paper (then I fix it in place using machine stitching or staples) - it's something I can do every couple days without stressing!


Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today - I hope you're having as much fun with your December/Christmas Album!

Take care, Emma xo


No comments:

Post a Comment