Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christmas Daily with Krystal


Hi everyone, this is Krystal, and I'm here today to share the first three days in my December Daily album. I'm using a Life Crafted album for my December Daily this year, along with the Christmas Stories kit, the December "Hustle and Heart" Life Crafted Kit, and a few extra bits and pieces from the Citrus Twist Kits shop.


Earlier this fall I created really simple foundation pages in my album. (You can see that post here.) That meant I had a good jumping off point for each day, which makes keeping up with a project like this so much easier. For day one I had a plaid journal card from the Christmas Stories kit and one of the Pink Paislee cut apart numbers that I used throughout the album to number my days.  


I added my photo, as well as a few embellishments from the kit and a couple lines of handwritten journaling, and that day's page was finished! I decided to use a punch to cut the number into a circle instead of a square. This helped break up all of the blocky, straight lines that I had on the page. I added a couple additional circles from the Pink Paislee cardstock stickers to add even more soft lines. 


To embellish my photo, I chose a vellum ticket from the Heidi Swapp ephemera pack and backed it with a scrap of paper from the kit. I added some gold staples and a gold chipboard star from the "Hustle and Heart" kit to finish off the page.


On day two I wanted to document my first red cup of the season. Since I had used the only photo I had for day one, I decided to use the cup itself instead. I used an older cut file from Citrus Twist to create a template for my cup, then traced it onto the Starbucks cup. I cut it out by hand, then backed it with one of the papers from the kit and a scrap of glitter paper from my stash.


I also punched a circle from the cup to add behind my number. I backed both with one of the journal cards from the "Hustle and Heart" kit and stapled everything in place to make sure that it was all secure. The number two was from the same Pink Paislee cut apart paper, and once again, I chose to use a punch to make the number a bit smaller so that it would fit on the page.


I added my journaling to the 3x4 paper I had as part of my foundation page, then used the Heidi Swapp Winter Wonderland stamp set (available in the Citrus Twist Kits shop) to add a title to the page.


I kept the cup itself very simple, and only added a single gold sticker to the front. To add it to the album, I created a tab from patterned paper and sandwiched it between the layers of the cup. I used my six-hole punch to punch the holes that line up with the album, then just added it to the rings. 


To number day three, I used a tag from the "Hustle and Heart" die cut pack and backed it with glitter paper. I attached it to the back of the cup I created and added a bit of twine from the Christmas Stories kit.


My photo for day three documented this year's wrapping paper, so I added a tag from the Pebbles cut apart paper that had a cute little stack of presents on it. I layered my photo with another scrap of paper left from my kit and added two phrase stickers from the Pink Paislee cardstock sticker sheet.


I typed my journaling directly on one of the 2x5 journal cards included in the "Hustle and Heart" digital cards before printing it out. I added a date stamp in red and a few paper hearts that were left over from a previous project.


You can watch all three days come together in the process video below.



I hope you found some inspiration for working on your holiday projects today. Thanks for stopping by!




1 comment: