Thursday, December 19, 2019

Life Crafted using December Add-On with Patricia


Hello CTK Friends!  Hope you have been enjoying the kits and inspiration from the team and other CTK subscribers!  This is Patricia to share a Life Crafted spread using mostly the December Add-On and focusing on creating a divider using a December Cut File, acetate, and the new Hustle & Heart stamp set.


I was very inspired by the flowers from the Hustle & Heart stamp set.  They have a geometric look to them and so perfect for the holidays.  I duplicated the Sparkle & Shine cut file and then did a mirror image of it so that I could sandwich acetate in-between the cut files to build off of the cut file image using these floral stamps.


I really did a lot of experimenting with this idea.  After my floral images are stamped using green and red Staz-On, I decided to use alcohol markers to color the inside of the star shapes from the cut file.  This is a cool way to add color through the acetate, but it did create some bleeding as it touched the cardstock, but I kept going.  As I kept going, the idea to then take the same alcohol marker holding it at an angle and brushing it across the star cut file image worked!  A happy creative experiment!


Once I started this idea, I kept going by adding an alcohol marker to the center of the stamped flowers, and then adding doodled stitched lines to the other star cut file from this cut file.  To help my see-through divider show the detail of the stamping and coloring, I used white cardstock under it and created that page to be both decorative and a place to add more interest to my divider's design and a place for journaling.


I used mostly the December Add-On stickers to decorate this page, but that deer chipboard piece is from the Life Crafted kit.  




My left side uses pattern paper as the background with a large photo and a smaller trimmed piece of pattern paper layered over the edge of my photo from the December Add-On kit.  I used twine from my personal stash, a die cut, and stickers from the Add-On, with a heart chipboard from the Life Crafted to finish up that side.


I have a video showing how this experimental creative spread came together.  Hope you enjoy.  You can also watch it in HD on my YouTube Channel here.


No comments:

Post a Comment