Sunday, December 1, 2019

Sunday Sketch Challenge with Patricia


Happy first day of December CTK friends!!  I have been so inspired by what the team has been creating, especially excited to see the December pages...and even more excited that we now have a new December add-on kit available!  It is filled with Crate Paper, Canoe, Heidi Swapp.  I used that kit along with a few items from the brand new Life Crafted Hustle & Heart to create a pocket page with the Life Crafted Protector and a 6x8 layout inspired by the Sunday Sketch.

I love taking sketches and interpreting them, using them as a jump off point.  On this sketch today, I first noticed the bottom doily, then the banner with the paperclip at the top of the clutter with the photo, and then the layers right under the photo.  This is how I used those three things as inspiration.


I concentrated that inspiration first on my 6x8 layout, but instead of a doily at the bottom as in the sketch, I used a large gold die cut.  Then in place of the clip and the banner in the sketch, I used the tag and die cut by my photo.  And the last inspiration of the layers right under the photo, I used die cuts from the Life Crafted kit.  One is foam adhered applied straight, and the ruler die cut is stamped at an angle.


For the colors and the rest of the design of this layout, I was inspired by that gorgeous Heidi Swapp pattern paper.  It is bold, but not too busy, and makes a wonderful background!  I decided to re-size the Sparkle & Shine cut file to fit my page in this blush colored cardstock from the kit.  I picked that cardstock color to blend with the background pattern paper and to create a lighter color near the photo as well as lovely texture.  Love the darker to lighter feel it creates with my layout.


I used that reverse side of the same pattern paper to layer and create again a lighter color to bring focus to the center of the design where the photo is.


A combination of die cuts and those gorgeous gold stickers from the Life Crafted and the Add-On Kits  really helped to create motion, color, layers, and focus to my photo as well.



With my bold right side, I used a 4x6 card and matching paper from the Life Crafted kit that was more subtle, but has similar 'branches' found on the right side, so they really complement each other well.  


I kept the design on this side all vertical but very similar to the sketch as well.


Hope you get a chance to grab these beautiful kits for documenting your holiday memories, and please share in our Facebook group!  

No comments:

Post a Comment