Sunday, December 9, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Trina + Emma



Hi CTK friends!  Trina and Emma on the blog today to share this weekend's Sunday Sketch.  First up lets have a look at our sketch:



------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello! It’s Trina here, together with Emma, sharing our takes on this week’s sketch. I made this page to fit in my 2018 6” x 8” PL album.

I used this month’s bonus cut files to make the white cardstock paper piece. I pulled both papers and embellishments from the December 2018 Pleasant Valley kits.

Here is me layout. I stayed pretty true to the sketch - as I usually do - and wanted this picture of my daughter to tell the story.





Here is a close up of the star cut file and my pattern paper layers. I love how the puffy stars fit perfectly over the star cutouts.





I love Paige Evan’s small, colorful puffy stickers. They work perfect for small scrapbook pages.



It will be fun to see how you use this month’s sketch!

Xo,
Trina



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello CTK friends!  I love this week's sketch; combines two of my favourite things - layers and stars!  I'm a sucker for anything star related :)  I used the December "Pleasant Valley"Main Kit for my page, and here's my take on this fun sketch:



I tried to stick close to the sketch the time around. I used the bonus cut file to cut my stars but instead of using the negative I stitched the cut stars onto the background pattern paper.


I absolutely love the alpha's included in the Main Kit this month - they are the perfect size!

Instead of using the paper strips at the top/bottom per the sketch I went with a full border all the way around to frame the page more (and used the same pattern paper to match in with my stars!).


I challenged myself to use the bakers twine on this page so I just wrapped it around some scrap strips of paper and popped one of the cardstock / puffy sticker hearts on top.  I loved how it worked out, so  I did another bigger one and added it underneath my title at the bottom of the page!  Adds a bit of fun dimension to the page :)



Underneath the title I added a cute stamp sentiment and my date on one of the cardstock stickers!

I really wanted to add a pop of gold on the page and  there is only one gold tag sticker at the right size, so of course I messed it up when I stamped on it (didn't press hard enough, boo!)...but no worries, I just stamped on another one, cut it out and stuck it ontop to hide my terrible stamping job.


To finish it off I added a couple more embellishments above my photo (die-cut and puffy sticker) and called it done!


Such a fun sketch to work with!  I can't wait to see your pages using it.  Be sure to share your page with us in the CTK Facebook Fanpage (and please tag me so I wont miss it, would love to see your page and leave you some love!!).

Take care, Em xo

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS DECEMBER CUT FILE

Available in the Digital Files section of the CTK store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment