Monday, December 24, 2018

Documenting the Everyday with Nathalie

Hi there!
Nathalie with you today to give you some inspiration when it comes to documenting your every day life.   I think, some of my favorite memories to document are those of simple gestures or moments that happen in our day, and what better way to do it than with the patterns and colors of the Pleasant Valley kits. 



I decided to create a soft girly page with no flowers  -that was a major challenge for me!-   So, i pulled a folding star die from my stash and cut a few stars from  papers from the Pleasant Valley kit,  the choice of papers was made so that pink was the main color of the page.




The negative pieces from the star die cuts were used to create the stitching pattern on the background on the page.   A bit of foam adhesive holds the folded stars in place.



The picture was backed with a paper that contrasted the pink of the stars, and then nestled in the center of the layout.   One large cluster of ephemera and stickers from both the main and embellishment kits was added to the picture.




Repetition is the key to create a visual triangle on this page. In this case, stickers, hearts, labels, stamps and enamel dots.   Love the colors of the Pleasant Valley kits!!!.




I used a combination of the 1Canoe2 chipboard word stickers and the small puffy Pink Paislee alphas from the Pleasant Valley kits to create the title on the page. 



I really love how this turned out, and how easy it was to put together.   I hope this has inspired you to document your everyday moments using the beautiful PLeasant Valley kits, I cannot wait to see what you create!

Before i go, let me wish you a Blessed Christmas, let the peace of the season remain with you through the New Year!

XO




No comments:

Post a Comment