Friday, December 7, 2018

Travelers Notebook Challenge With Jennie



Hello, friends!  I'm so excited to challenge you to try something in your next travelers notebook layout!  I love using a travelers notebook to document our activities and the things that we do in our day to day lives.  One of my favorite parts about it is it's small canvas.  But, I also really like that I can try things that I might not else where since it's just one small space of many. So, let's get it into it!


I love the December kits.  Both the Pleasant Valley Pocket Life kit and the scrapbook kit are just beautiful this month.  So, I wanted to use mostly the Pocket Life kit, but added the alphas from the 
scrapbook kit were just perfect, so I had to add them.  I LOVE the size, font and color.  They accent so well and yet are super subtle too.

So, the challenge?  It's easy!  Trim around the focus or main image in your photo!  It's kind of a retro trend, but it's also very fun.  I also love how it makes the total focus on the important part of the story!   Because I didn't want to upstage the Painted Ladies, I kept the embellishing to a minimum to focus on the photo.  Layered die cuts make a great base and I selected simple patterned paper [from the Pocket Life Kit] to not detract but accent!


Do you have any photos that you just love?  Why not trim around the main part of the photo and add it to the next travelers notebook layout?  This time of year it's fun and easy to do with limited time. If you play along make sure to tag us on Facebook or Instagram so we can see!


No comments:

Post a Comment