Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Diane


Hi Guys! Diane here with another Sunday sketch to kick start your creativity! I'm a huge fan of sketches so lets see what we're working with...


Instead of creating a traditional 12x12 layout, I wanted to show you how easily these sketches can translate into a Traveler's Notebook page. The size is almost exactly the same and the only thing you need to be aware of is not layering paper across the fold of your notebook and keeping your embellishments as flat as possible!

Here's how mine turned out...


I followed the sketch pretty exactly with the only difference being that instead of one large group of papers behind my photos, I made two clusters so that one could go on each page.


As you know I'm not a huge fan of green but because it is Spring here and everything is SO green at the moment, all the lovely green tones of the December Scrapbook kit worked in really nicely.


I kept everything as flat as I could, with the exception of my title, I couldn't resist using those foam alphas, they really are my favourite alpha of the year! Again, I made sure to only used the green toned ones and then added a few tiny stamps underneath in lieu of journalling from the sketch.


I still created a stitched strip at the bottom like the sketch has but I made sure to cut it where the fold in the notebook is so that there isn't too much bulk down the centre and my book will still lay flat.

Grab your kits and start creating and don't forget to post your layouts in the Facebook Fan Page so we can all see the gorgeousness you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment