Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tutorial: Journaling wtih Citrus Twist Kits Woodchips

Hello all!

Welcome to the Wednesday for some journaling inspiration! I'm bringing a fun tutorial for you today using Citrus Twist Kits exclusive woodchip words included in the March 2016 Embellishment Kit.  On a side note, I might have squealed a bit when I opened my kits for the month and saw the wood veneer/woodchip words.  I'm known to flip out and majorly hoard some wood veneers. Truth.

I'm in a self-challenge to journal more and the woodchip words are the perfect component to make this happen.  So, I decided to write incorporate my journaling by mixing it up with the March 2016 Main "Sonoma" Scrapbook Kit and March 2016 Embellishment Kit.


Right away I knew I wanted my 9x12 layout to have the journaling as the focus on my project. Since I wanted the placement of the woodchip words to fit properly in size and space within my typed journaling, I used Microsoft Word to type out my journaling in a rough draft.  Also, to get my thoughts together and move wording around as needed.  I highlighted in yellow the words I wanted to focus in woodchip words. 


In this way, I could make sure I was using the woodchip words of choice in the correct places and my journaling flowed cohesively.  Since I don't have a large format printer where I could print 9x12 size, I chose to use my vintage typewriter to carefully type out the journaling.  I made sure to leave enough space for the woodchip words for adhering later with liquid adhesive.


Then, I added in the woodchip words from the March 2016 Embellishment Kit.  The spacing worked out perfectly!


This technique of journaling would work perfectly for any size layout, card, mixed media art journaling, and for Pocket Life projects too!  Give it a go and have fun with it!  


Also, I can't get enough of the book text paper in the March 2016 Main "Sonoma" Scrapbook Kit and decided to add some leftover scraps to the top of my layout.


I just love this black and white photo of my dear husband, Vincenzo.  Adorbs beyond, yes, and it's a favorite in my stash of pics from his childhood.  

The papers, label, and stamps are from the March 2016 Main "Sonoma" Scrapbook Kit.




I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!

Wendy



1 comment: