Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Wendy

Hello Citrus Twist Kits lovelies!  Wendy here to share up with you today the Sunday Sketch.

I live on the Gulf coast and we have super mild winter season and Spring is already chirping around here. The colors of the March 2016 Main "Sonoma" Kit definitely speak "bring on Spring already". So, I'm feeling all the feels with the March 2016 Main "Sonoma" Kit and something about a sketch just inspires me to really work a kit to the fullest.  If you are still feeling a bit of brrrr or a snowflake or two in your area, grab up this kit, sketch to bring some sunny and fresh vibes your way!

As my usual layout style and size, I adapted the sketch to a 9x12 layout format.


I have a little secret to share...I love to keep a smaller format of the sketches around here with Citrus Twist Kits in my Midori TN (I use this one if you are interested to know) for 'layout ideas' and a quick reference for when I'm in a creative funk.  I recently moved house and I'm finally at the point of being organized in my new art room.  So, I'm grabbing my Midori quite often to kickstart my inspiration these days.  

Here's my take on the Sunday Sketch this week...


I was inspired not only by the sketch but the "dreaming of flowers and sunshine" phrase from one of the patterned papers in the kit.  A few years ago I snapped the tulips pic while I was connecting flights in Amsterdam (from one of my many trips) to see Vincenzo (then, my fiance).   Who can't fall in love with the beauty of the tulips from the tulip mecca of Holland, right?  Flowers make me happy as well as the beautiful energy from my husband who always brings sunshine in my life.  

A beautiful combination, indeed.


The stamps are always my jam in the monthly kit!  This month was no exception, of course, I had to use a phrase here on my layout.  The 'dreaming of flowers and sunshine' is from one of the patterned papers included in the March 2016 Main "Sonoma" Kit.  


All of the embellishments are so much fun in the kit this month!!  I randomly sprinkled many of them all within my layout.  For those mini tags, I grabbed those up from leftovers in the February 2016 Sprinkles Kit.



How about those Pinkfresh phrase stickers?! Pure inspiration. I love a great quote!


Now it's your turn. If you want to play along with this week's Sunday Sketch and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate, create a project based off of the sketch and upload it to CTK Gallery by next Saturday. Please make sure to include "Sketch 3/6" to the title line of your project.

I hope I inspired you and you enjoyed my take on this week's Sunday Sketch!

Wendy 

No comments:

Post a Comment