Thursday, March 24, 2016

Happiness + with Aimee

Just one more sleep until Easter, can you believe it? I feel a bulk photo weekend coming on.  I've picked out Eva's outfits for all four days and I must admit even I was surprised how many clothes she has with bunnies on them. I may have also set aside a few pastel papers I think match her outfits, so I'll be ready to scrap at a moments notice. Okay - I know you all aren't like me, but you can borrow some of my principles for pages that go together super quick. Here's one I finished just this week with March's Sonoma Main Kit.

This is a photo from Eva's first ever bath. Looking at the dominant colours in this photo - you have the green of the bath, the pink of the soap and skin tones and the black of hubby's shirt. Not the best pallet to work with, but this months kit was PERFECT. I mean how cool is it that the Pink Paislee paper even looks like bubbles!


I found a little paper went a long way on this layout. Especially the green rose paper. That tiny little strip was all the layout really needed. Once the papers and my punched out bubbles were in place, I worked to build clusters in varying shades of my palette. *Cough* kinda went to town with the sequins and bloom puffy stickers, but I love the extra texture and dimension it adds to the layout.


I used a couple of pieces from the Bloom cut apart sheet and 2 little die-cuts from the Elle Studio pack to pull it all together. And there you have it, an easy yet striking layout, made simply by playing up the colours in your photo.

Thanks for hanging in this long. I'll be seeing you again on Sunday. I've got this week's sketch challenge.

Aimee Xx

2 comments:

  1. I love this page- it's such a sweet picture :-) I also wanted to mention I'm the same about getting pages ready with knowing what pictures I'll be capturing later lol I thought maybe I was the only dork :-)

    ReplyDelete