Thursday, March 17, 2016

Sweet Layout with Missy

Hey there, Citrus Twist fans!  Missy back with you today.  I'm so excited to share a layout using the March Add-On "Day Dreams" Kit.  I love all the beautiful Maggie Holmes stickers in this kit, and I used quite a bit of them on this page.  I began by cutting the pretty butterfly cut file on my Cameo with white cardstock.  Before I removed it from the sticky mat, I used one of this month's exclusive stamps and repeatedly stamped it all over the butterflies.  Then I used some ink sprays from my stash to give them some watercolor effects.  Then I peeled the whole thing off the mat and stitched it down to another sheet of white cardstock.


I couldn't resist using these beautiful floral stickers here, and I paired them up with the cute mint & gold deer.  Here you can see the background mixed media work.  I used some yellow ink spray on the background and then came in with my waterbrush to paint more on.  Aren't these glittery gold Thickers amazing?  In person they sometimes have a silvery sheen to them as well.


These are all from the Maggie Holmes sticker sheet.  I love layering embellishments and stitching through them with my sewing machine.


The stamp I used says "The Wild in You" which is the perfect sentiment for my youngest daughter...haha!  Here you can see the colors and the stitching...this was so fun to do!


This shows how you can use the stamps in a unique way...in this case, creating a fun and abstract mixed media embellishment!  I also add in some tangled gold thread here.


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together from start to finish.  I hope it inspires you in some way!


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Missy Whidden

No comments:

Post a Comment