Friday, July 10, 2020

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with a really quick spread in my Life Crafted album.


I was a bit stuck on what I wanted to document today so I decided to use the #thursday3 hashtag (Thank you @rukristin!) to create a snapshot of now in my Life Crafted album using the July Life Crafted kit from Citrus Twist.


I took a quick selfie, printed it at full size (5 x 8.25 inches) and then punched some holes in it. I also trimmed out a white base page at the same dimensions for the right hand side of my spread. I chose this gorgeous striped paper because it:

  1. Matched the colours in my photo nicely
  2. Had all the cheery bright colours I need right now
  3. AND it has a 6x4 journalling card to match it!

But instead of using the paper flat, I trimmed out all the coloured strips, stitched them onto the base card with my sewing machine and then used a bone folder and my fingers to create little distressed edges on them. I love the texture and dimension it creates!


Instead of using the original journaling card, I used the digital version so I could create a card with three stripes rather than four. I also added my journalling digitally so I knew it would fit on the stripes. Once printed, I trimmed it down and add it to the page using some craft foam for dimension.


I added a strip from the original card on top of my photo as a shelf to add my title too. I didn't have the black alphas from this months kit so I used some gold ones from a previous kit. I also added the same numbers next to my journaling. The last step was to add a few of the GORGEOUS enamel dots from the kit.

Here's a look at the process this layout took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to share your Life Crafted pages in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page! We'd all love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment