Saturday, July 4, 2020

3 to Inspire with Lisa Varshine

Happy 4th of July to my fellow American friends! Hope you all are safe and healthy celebrating this weekend. Today I have a weekly pocket page spread to share with you.
I put together these pages using a recipe of three great elements from this month's kit: quote cards, die cuts, and a few chipboard. I recently switched to a 6x12 album for our family album and I'm loving this new size. 
The cards from this months kit are amazing! I was amazed at how well each of these sentiments fit so perfectly with the stories I was telling this month. The "Do Your Thing" card could not have been more appropriate for my story about Ben and his aversion to wearing pants. The other quotes also worked so well. The "Work in Progress" was a great fit for a selfie showing I actually put on makeup for once. The "I could have eaten that" card was made for our story of CONSTANT snacking. You can see I included minimal journaling with each photo, but honestly these quote cards would have done a fantastic job of conveying the sentiments behind each photo. 
My next element was these great die cuts. Another great example of perfect sentiments. I found linear die cuts for almost every picture. I love the layer and extra detail they add to this relatively simple spread. I used my tiny attacher for each of these. I love what these tiny staples add. 

For my final element in this simple high-impact spread, I added a few small circular chipboard pieces. I'm really happy with these pages and they came together so quickly. For me, that's magic. Lately, I haven't felt up to spending hours on my spreads, but I still want to document these stories. 
Thanks for being here, guys! I hope you found something that gets your creative juices flowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment