Friday, July 17, 2020

Life Crafted with Krystal



Hi everyone! This is Krystal, and today I'm sharing a page in my Life Crafted Album. I used the July "Wild At Heart" Life Crafted Kit and the July Scrapbooking Add-on for this spread, and I love all the bright colors!


I started with a neutral background, since I knew I'd be using lots of colors on this one. I also added an insert between my pages so that I would have room for all three of the photos I wanted to include, plus my journaling. 


Then I went through the embellishments in both kits to find things that would work well with my story. I chose items in two different color ways and divided the pages in two halves based on those colors. 


For the left side of my spread, I chose mostly warm tones of yellow and orange, with a bit of blue added in for contrast. I based these colors off of the "Do Your Thing" journaling card.


For the right side of my spread, I choose tones of blue and green, sticking to mostly cooler colors. Once again, I based these colors on the "Wild at Heart" journaling card. 


I added all of the elements at slight angles down the page to bring some movement to what would otherwise be a very blocky design. Adding a few circles, hearts, and dots also helps to break up all of the angles. 


You can see the full process of how this page came together in the video below. 



I hope you found some inspiration for using your kits this month, and I hope to see you back here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment