Thursday, April 18, 2019

Product Highlight with Emma



Hello CTK friends :)

Emma on the blog today and I am so happy to be able to share one of my projects using the April kits.  For this layout I wanted to focus on using the fun Maggie Holmes Sunny Days Accent Stickers that are included in this months Add-on Kit!

First up, here's a look at the page I put together :)


This is sized to fit in my Life Crafted album and as usual I've gone with a white cardstock background (I just can't break out of the habit!).  I added a few black ink splatters at the top and bottom of my page and centered my photo.

I love layers so I've gone added one of the stickers at the very bottom then on top of that I've popped one of the die-cut pieces (also from the add-on), one of the 3x4 LC cards and a small section of one of the digital TN papers before laying the photo on top!  Yes, I love layers :)


Once I had my photo cluster all set I had some fun picking out my favorite stickers to add around it.  That yellow "sunshine" sticker was a must have but I wanted to add a bit more dimension (rather than have it stick straight onto the photo) so I added a scrap bit of paper behind then used a foam-dot to give it some depth). 


The "so this happened" title is actually from the digital journaling cards - I just pulled the words out and re-sized it to fit my page then fussy-cut around the lettering - super easy!

The stickers are such a quick and easy way to add dimension to the page - and I'll often bend them up slightly on the edges just to give the page a bit more movement (like the yellow sticker, I'll add a bit of scrap paper behind to stop the sticker sticking properly!).


That umbrella sticker is so cute, knew I wanted to use it straight away but I couldn't find any photo's with an umbrella to match, but I figured a beach shot was close enough :) 

To fill a bit of the white space at the top/bottom of my page, and to balance things out, I've used a bit more of the digital paper I'd printed (I just printed it onto plain copy paper so it's nice and thin!).


At the bottom of my page I've created a small cluster on the left side using the seashell stickers, which are a perfect match for a beach photo, then layered a print & cut word (something I created using silhouette studio).  And those flip-flops on the right side just finish it off :)



Love how this one finished up and even though I've used all those stickers I've still managed to create a page with lots of dimension!  Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today - I hope this will inspire you to use those fun stickers on your projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment