Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Anna, Emma and Nathalie!



Hello friends!  On the blog today we're sharing our Sunday Sketch and have three (3) of our CT members joining in to share their take on it! :)

First up let's have a look at our sketch:





Hi CTK friends!  I love sketches, they make putting layouts together so much quicker for me, but I have to admit that I struggled with this one.  Not that I don't love the sketch (because I do, otherwise I wouldn't have picked it, ha!) but I went back and forth for ages trying to put my layout together before deciding to chop it up completely! And that's one of the great things about using a sketch - you don't have to follow it completely - you can mix it up to suit your style (or mood in my case ;) ).

My layout is set to fit in my Life Crafted album so it's roughly 5" x 8.25" - which meant the sketch was a little too wide for me to set out.  So instead of having the cut file on left and title/photo on the right of page - I just made that entire left side (where the cut file is) the base of my page and layered everything on top of that.  

I flipped the photo/title sections so they are the top/left side of my page and and instead of having layered papers underneath my photo, I went with word strips/chipboard pieces underneath to give it that layered look!


I also went with a patterned paper background, which isn't something I do often, but I adore the colours of this paper from the Life Crafted, Make It a Venti, kit that I just had to use it!  I actually created this page when I was having one of "those" days (where all.the.things just seem to go wrong, lol) so the stamps in this month Travelers Notebook stamp set were absolutely perfect in reminding myself to just keep going!   

Then I just added a border of machine stitching all the way around my page, popped the chipboard piece and a couple heart stickers (from the Add-on kit) on my page and called it done :)  The end result looks a little different than the original sketch but that's the great thing about sketches, you don't have to follow them - you can just take bits and pieces from it to inspire you in creating something all together different!





Hi dear ones! Anna here today sharing my take on this week's gorgeous Sunday Sketch.   This one is extra fun since I'm teaming up with Emma & Nathalie

Here's what I came up with using the fabulous April Life Crafted "Make it a Venti" kit.  Also I have been playing with one of the gorgeous Subscribers exclusive cut files (designed by our own super talented Nathalie).

I started up my page being a little bit messy using a few color mists with the "plastic bag technique".
That gives my page a more vivid and fun look and also make the cut file pop.  Then I cut a few of the lovely papers from the kit for my layers underneath my photo.   To get an even more layered feeling I add a few labels from the cutaparts.



I made my title using the two different alphas from the kit and to get more texture I made a few stitches using my sewing machine.  Now to to finish my page of I add a few puffy stickers and some stamping.  The stamps I used are from the Life Crafted" Make it a Venti" kit as well as the Life Crafted "Travelers Notebook" stamp set.

That's all from me.  I hope you got some inspiration here.  We can't wait to see what magic you will create using this sketch.

Anna xo






Hi there!

This week i get to team up with Anna and Emma to show you how versatile the sketch can be.   I love working with sketches as they help to start my layouts, and usually make them come together in a short amount of time.





For my take, i decided to work with this month's Scrapbook Add-on kit and a few goodies from the CTK shop.  It all started  with a bit of the new Maggie Holmes paint set that is available in the shop as a canvas for my background.   Once it dried, i followed the sketch to add the layers behind the picture of my daughter using papers and pieces of ephemera from the add-on kit.





Once i had everything down, i decided to decorate the page by fussy cutting flowers from the Sunny Days paper collection that are included in the kit, and create a cascade around the picture.   




To complete this page, i added embellishments from the kit and the Sunny Days Sticker book -also available at the CTK shop-  as well as some stamping using this month's Add-on stamp set.  

And now is your turn to use the sketch to create a project of your own!   We love seeing what you create with our kits and stamps, remember to tag us (@citrustwistkits or #citrustwistkits) when sharing your work on social media, or share your work on our Facebook Fans and Friends page.

Thank you all so much for joining us today!

Emma, Anna & Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment