Thursday, April 4, 2019

"Love Being Silly with You" with Suzanna

Hey everyone, Suzanna here! I'm excited to share this layout with you. The April Life Crafted kit is totally my jam, and once I got in the crafty groove, I pumped out quite a few layouts that I just love so much!


I really love the white tile alphas and wanted to tie them into my layout. I decided to paint my background a deep rust color that matches the copper foiling perfectly! Using gouache and a plastic card, I messily scraped the color across my background.

After trimming my photos very slightly, making them just shy of 3x4", I used the patterned papers from the kit to mat each of them. I alternated the color based on where in the cluster each photo would end up.


Once they were backed, I created a wonky grid of photos at the center of the page, and began to add small embellishment clusters around the layout. Using a circle punch, I punched pieces from the patterned paper to use as layering pieces in my clusters.


I added a piece of patterned paper to the bottom of the layout, poking out from beneath the photos. The torn edge keeps with the messy/wonky theme of the layout, and the paper serves as a place for my title - otherwise, it would have been lost in the deep color of the painted background.

I mixed both the tiled alphas and the colorful alphas to create my title. Since the title is long and also serves as the journaling for the layout, mixing the alpha styles creates interest and makes the long title less overwhelming.


I finished off the layout with the date in a label from the cut apart sheet and a few stamp clusters here and there. I really love the way this layout turned out and hope it gave you inspiration for your upcoming projects using the April Life Crafted kit! I'll be back later this month with more crafty inspiration, but in the mean time, I'll be checking out your beautiful projects over on Instagram!

xo, Suzanna



No comments:

Post a Comment