Wednesday, April 17, 2019

More caffeination using cut files!

Hi guys! I've got one more caffeine themed project to share with you today, this time in my Traveler's Notebook!


One again, I used that amazing stamp and some puffy stickers from the MAKE IT A VENTI Life Crafted kit, as well as the beautiful Scrapbook add on kit. Then I got busy altering one of the subscriber-exclusive cut files to create a coffee bean cloud for my page!


Once I had my coffee cloud all backed (in pink, of course!), I added my photo onto a background of even more clouds! To create the effect of the coffee cups raining down, I added stamps and puffy stickers directly underneath the cloud and then stitched in some lines using light pink embroidery floss.


The page was busy enough without adding a title, but I did want to a couple of lines of journaling. I wasn't sure where I could fit the journaling in, so I tested writing above the clouds by placing a piece of tracing paper over my page and writing the words in before I committed to placing it on the page. And it worked a treat!


For a bit more detail on how this page came together, as well as a tutorial for altering the cut file, here is a little process video for you ...



Have you got your April kit yet? How many coffee themed pages are you planning on making? I can tell you, I have no plans of stopping any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment