Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Create your own caffeine-fuelled cards with Diane

Hi guys! I'm excited to share this spread with you and a couple of different ideas for stamping your own filler cards. If you're sensing a bit of a theme with Week 12, you're not wrong. This was definitely a week that was fuelled by caffeine!


I'm still dying over all the coffee themed pieces in this month's kit. My favourite is the stamp set that came with the MAKE IT A VENTI Life Crafted kit and that cute little coffee cup, which is perfect for creating your own repeat pattern filler card. Choose your colours from colours that are already in your photos, or stick to one colour for a more subtle look.


To get really crisp, sharp images on solid stamps like this, remember to prime them first with an eraser. I really love the Tombow Sand Eraser. Just a gentle rub over top before you start stamping with give you solid, clear results every time.


For best results when stamping directly on photos, it pays to print your own photos at home, using a paper designed for absorbing inks. I use Canon Photo Glossy II paper and can use nearly any type of ink perfectly every time. If you get your photos printed professionally, it might pay to experiment on a spare photo first. Otherwise, a solvent based ink such as Stazon is going to be your best bet.


I really do love how easy it is to create your own filler cards with stamps! Here's how this spread came together ...



I bet you can't wait to get your hands on this months kits so you can start creating your own caffeine themed pages!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I've shared in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks you Amy! I'm totally off to join the FB group too!

      Delete