Friday, April 5, 2019

Life Crafted with Nathalie



Hi there!

Nathalie with you today! By now you all have seen this month's "MAKE IT A VENTI" Life Crafted kit.   I think we  are all in awe at what Trina is putting together for the kits each month, truly gorgeous patterns, colors and ideas that make putting together a layout super easy and fast.




It all started with one of this month's exclusive cut files.   I used the small screen version of it to cut two of them  with the same dimension but as mirror images of each other,so  that i can sandwich patterned paper in between both sides of the page.



For the first layout, i used the heart screen as the background for my picture.   Since i was backing the cut file,  i chose to print the Digital TN papers so that i can have the same pattern for both sides of the page -having the option to print my own papers on demand helps to stretch the kits and personalize them, so check out the digital files available in the store-.




The picture of both my Goddaughters  was backed with the one of the Make It a Venti kit's papers and set on the heart background.   I added a few of the cut apart elements to the picture to create a cluster, and then brought a few stickers from last month's Life Chapters kit to add sentiments to each cluster.   I added my lines of journal at the bottom of this page.




To complement this page, i used the b side of a previous 3x8 insert to  add a few of the kit's PL cards and house my title in one of them.  For this, i printed the flower frame PL card and fussy cut the floral image.  This was then glued to the top of the card, the empty space left was the perfect spot to add my title using the mini rose gold alpha stickers from the kit.    The bottom card was  used as a filler card,  but was the perfect complement on color and sentiment for my layout.



Remember i mentioned that i cut two mirror image cut outs of the heart screen, and sandwich patterned paper in between them; well here is the b-side of the layout.  This time i went for a simpler approach in this page.




This time, I am using the cut out as a complement to my picture and not the background. So, i decided to add my title to this page using a combination of the ephemera and Puffy Alpha stickers from the Make It a Venti kit.   The word sticker and chipboard heart are pieces from past kits that complement this page.




I used one of the TN digital papers as the background for my picture.   This time, a paper from the kit was used as a layer behind the picture,  To repeat the colors in the title, labels and stickers from the cut apart sheet and previous kits were used.  I cut one of this month's PL cards to create my journaling spot and sentiment under the picture, and then finished  this spread by adding a few stamped sentiments using one of the add-on stamp sets.  The following video will show you  how it all came together:



The new "Make It A Venti" Life Crafted kit is sure to be one of my most favorites to date.   Plus having the option of printing my own papers and PL cards on demand make it so much more lasting, so check out these option son the digital CTK shop.

Remember that you can always contact me with any questions on how this was put together. I cannot wait to see what you all create.

XO


1 comment: