Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Life Crafted Album Layout With Theresa

Hello Lovelies! It's Theresa here with a layout from my Life Crafted Album today using the fabulous new April kit called Make It A Venti! This promises to be a fun kit for coffee lovers and non-coffee lovers alike. I confess I am not a coffee drinker, but I know of so many other ideas you can use this kit for. Today I am sharing how I documented my love of mug cakes!



I began my layout with a very simple photo of my mug cake and my fork. Our family seems to be obsessed with these lately, and mine is gluten free which is a special treat! There were many elements in the kit that helped me document this treat! I am also using the Traveler's Notebook stamp set and the Daily Grind stamp sets available in the shop. Those make great additions to the stamp set in the kit.




First I layered my photo on top of plain white card stock. For the contrasting page I used the mint floral patterned paper, so for this side I wanted to include pink and mint for the loveliest color combination.




I stamped the circle element from the 4x6 Daily Grind stamp set onto my background and use those circles as a home base for other word sentiments that were taken from the Make It A Venti stamp set as well. I also added a few puffy stickers because you always need those! My title for the layout was created using the alphabet puffy stickers in the kit. The yellow K gives this layout an unexpected pop!




To help tie the two pages together I added simple pink patterned strips across the bottom left and top right of the pages. I distressed those edges a bit and added puffy stickers for a punch of color + fun.




I also used the LOVE word art from the ephemera in the kit, and stamped a word sentiment into that awesome label, and then I journaled right above that word. I used the lines stamp in the Daily Grind stamp set to create those lines and really liked how that turned out. I added just a tiny branch and the heart strip to complete the layout.




Thank you for joining me today! I have a quick process video for this layout as well.




I hope this has inspired you to think outside the box for ways to use your kit that doesn't necessarily involve coffee! Have fun with it!












No comments:

Post a Comment