Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Krystal


Hi everyone! It's Krystal, and I'm so excited to be back with Week Two of my 2020 Project Life. If you've been following along, you may know I switched to 12x12 single-page weekly spreads for this year, and I am LOVING it. The pages come together so quickly, there's enough room for all my photos and journaling, and the format is comfortable and familiar to me, like your favorite comfy chair. Ahh...it just feels right. :)


Of course, part of the reason these pages have come together so easily is that I'm working with the amazing January kits. They are gorgeous! And they're so well coordinated that there is literally no way to go wrong when using them for a page. For this page I used both the Life Crafted Kit and the Add-On Kit, focusing on the bright pinks and teals that are in both.


As always, I started with my photos. I had a mixture of very colorful and very neutral photos this week, along with a bright teal ticket stub that I also wanted to include. This made it an easy choice to go with a bright color scheme with some neutrals to let the eyes rest. I chose a mix of cards and papers from both kits to fill in the pockets, being sure to keep a good balance of colors across the page.


Next, I chose a few spots to add some journaling. I'm making this a priority this year to ensure that I'm actually recording stories, not just photos. I decided to trim down one of the 3x4 journal cards from the Life Crafted Kit to add journaling to one of the 4x6 pockets, then found a couple journal spots in the She's Magic ephemera pack that was in the Add-On Kit to add to my title card and one of the other 4x6 pockets. I used labels from the Life Crafted Kit for a few of the 3x4 pockets so I could add a couple lines of handwritten journaling there as well.


Adding ephemera from my week can sometimes be tricky for me, especially when it's a large item like the ticket I had this week. I decided the best way to include it would be to create a pocket within the pocket page. I used a small piece of paper from the Add-On Kit and stitched it onto on of the 4x6 papers. The ticket can slide in and out, so future me can pull it out to see the details.


Once all of my cards and papers were in place and my journaling was completed, it was time to embellish - my favorite part! I used the pink foam alphas from the Life Crafted Kit to add my weekly title on the rainbow sunburst library card ephemera from the Add-On Kit. This was my favorite piece from the kit, and I was soooo tempted to hoard it! But I'm glad I got it used on this page.


Since I had stitched the pocket, I wanted to add more stitching across the page. I used three of the fabric embellishments from the Life Crafted Kit on three different cards and added stitching to the top of each. This helped to tie in the stitched pocket and added additional texture around the page.


Finally I finished things off with a few of the phrase and puffy stickers, then added a few staples for a little sparkle of gold. I'm really happy with how this page came out, and I can't wait to use these kits again next week!


You can watch me put this page together in the video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my page. I'll see you all back here soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment