Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Erica




Hey guys, it's Erica here. I can't believe it's 2020 already! And if you're anything like me then you're still plugging away at your 2019 memory keeping album. Thank goodness for the Fierce & Fabulous kit and all its glitz and sparkle to inspire to me tackle my birthday spread!





Since I had only pre-printed an Instax out for this spread, I went ahead and added my photos straight onto the digital cards on Photoshop before printing them. This helped me to get the sizing right to fit onto the cards. Plus, it allowed me to use both sides of the same card. Always such a hard decision!





I decided to focus on three main colours for this spread- black, gold and pink. I cut one of the 6x8 papers in half to use as two 4x6 cards, and used journal cards, ephemera and labels to create my clusters.




There's nothing that says celebration to me like gold glitter so I thought I'd add a little more glitz with some gold thread. I recently used it in my December Daily and loved the way it came out. I stitched down everything from the labels to the glitter pieces and left the threads loose.





I always like to use journal cards as layering pieces and the circle frame on this card was kind of perfect to frame this whimsical little tiger. I popped him up on foam to stand out a little more, and used the stamp set in the kit to add a sentiment.





I used the new mini Italic Upper/Lower Case alpha to stamp out one of the things that is most important for me about birthdays- CAKE. Then I made to sure sprinkle quite a few of the gold glitter stars in the kit around my spread.








I hope this has given you a little inspiration to keep plugging away at whatever form of memory keeping you're still trying to finish for 2019. Thanks for joining me today!



No comments:

Post a Comment