Wednesday, January 1, 2020

You Are My Favorite with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with a layout featuring the Add-On Kit for January. This kit is so gorgeous! It's full of bits and pieces from Dear Lizzy's She's Magic as well as the new Lucky Us collection from Pink Paislee. I love every bit of it, and I was so excited to use it on a page.


I started with Paper 4 from Lucky Us and decided to use that as a border for my page. I trimmed down a sheet of white cardstock from my stash to be 11" x 11" then added it to the B-side of Paper 4. I love the graphic nature of this black and white print, and I knew it would go really well with my photo.


I also added some stitching along the border of the page for added texture and stability. Then I moved on to backing my photo. I added a thin border of white paper, then layered the Imagine paper from She's Magic behind that. I loved that the floral pattern had lots of blue in it, so it worked well with my photo. It also set the color scheme for this page. 


For my title, I decided to fussy cut a phrase from Paper 3 from Lucky Us. I finished the title by adding some of the little Pinkfresh Studio alphas that were included in the kit. I love the combination of these two fonts. 


I added lots of pieces of ephemera from the Dear Lizzy pack that was in the kit, including a spot for my journaling. Once those were in place, it was time to add the finishing touches. I chose a couple of hearts from the She's Magic puffy stickers and a couple of enamel hearts from the Lucky Us set as well and sprinkled them around the page. 


I also added a couple of phrases from the She's Magic Confetti Stickers in blue and pink to bring some additional color to my embellishment clusters. Then I added some stamping using the January This is Life stamp set. I used black ink to tie in the paper I used as a border for the page. 


And that's it! A pretty simple page, but I love how it turned out. You can see the entire process in the video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you found some inspiration for using your January Kits, and I hope to see you back here soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment