Saturday, January 11, 2020

3 to Inspire - Amy Jo Vanden Brink

Hello!  I'm so excited to be back with one of my favourite features, 3 to inspire!  Today I have selected some great pieces from the Life Crafted kit & the scrapbooking Add-On.

1. Labels

I chose some different types, label stickers, wood veneer and some blank labels to use on this spread.

2. Puffy Stickers

My favourite, easy way to up the impact of any pocket page spread.  I have the page from the kit and the pack from the Add-on here.

3. Small Ephemera

I grabbed some tickets and some of the fantastic fabric labels for my 3rd item.


I started by adding in my photos, and then finding some homes for my little bits and pieces.  The orange and pink combo ended up being really bright and vibrant, so the blue felt like it held everything down for me.  I don't love leaving larger patterned areas with no embellishment, so the ticket cluster and the two layered word stickers helped to fill some spots up for me.  I didn't end up with much journaling area, but it worked out ok.
I used some strips of white to anchor the number stickers down on top of my photos and make sure that they stood out.  The colors in those numbers were so amazing I wanted to make sure there was space to see them!
A few labels rounded out the spread.  I printed the bottom corner as a 4x6 and just did not cut them apart so that I could easily fill the pocket.  When I shoot mostly phone photos I forget to turn to horizontal sometimes!

You can watch how this spread came together in the following video: 





Thanks for joining me today, I hope you feel inspired by this layout!



No comments:

Post a Comment