Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Kira



Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another Sunday Sketch.  Here's a look at our sketch this week:



My favorite part about this sketch is the sewn strips of paper, so I started with that, and sort of built my layout up from there.  Here's a look at my finished layout:



I used the September Add-on kits only for this page, and I am obsessed with all of the Maggie Holmes Heritage that is in here!  I started with the navy floral paper for my strips.  I originally cut up different patterned papers and thought I would do a variety, but I loved the navy floral so much that I decided to just stick with that.  I cut the paper up in 1/2" strips, and then cut them at varying widths.



The photos I am using are of my son at Target.  We sneak off to Target about once a week and have so much fun just browsing the aisles.  He loves the home goods areas where they usually have a few chairs set up, he calls it the "cozy spot".  So for my title I chose "together" because that is what this time at Target is all about, just us having some fun together.



I stuck pretty close to the sketch as far as placement so my pictures are set apart from each other on different levels of the page.  I bumped them both up on some foam.



I added a final strip of paper at the top of my page.  Then I did some simple embellishing with the die cut pack and sticker book.



I can't wait to see how you interpret this sketch!  Make sure to tag us on social media and share in our Facebook group!

xo,




No comments:

Post a Comment