Monday, September 9, 2019

Exploring Michigan with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with my very first blog post as a member of the Citrus Twist Kits Creative Team!

I'm so excited to be sharing an album I've been working on using the September "Explore" Life Crafted Kit. I'm using the teal Life Crafted album to document a trip to Michigan from last year, and I'm loving how it's turning out!


I used one of the September screen cut files to create my title page. I cut it twice using my Silhouette, mirroring the image for one of the cuts. This way I was able to create a double-sided page. I backed both of them using patterned paper from the Explore kit, as well as a few bits of paper from the September Add-on Kit. Then I sandwiched them together with a piece of vellum from my stash, and voila! A double-sided cut file title page!


I also created a double-page spread with an insert to document our first trip to the beach after arriving in Michigan. I used a Page Protector #1 for my first page, inserted a Page Protector #2, then used a full-page photo as my final page.


For the first page, I used one of the Explore Digital Papers as a background. I matted my photo on the grid paper from the kit, then embellished it with a few bits from the Printable Cut Apart sheet that comes with the kit. I added a title using the tiny tile alphas, then used part of a 3x4 card to add my journaling. I finished it off with a couple of the adorable puffy stickers and one of the stamps from the kit.



I kept the embellishments for the insert fairly simple, using a single cluster of elements on each photo. I added more journaling using one of the labels that are included in the kit and another 3x4 card on the reverse side. 




For the final page, I added one of the die cut ephemera pieces from the kit. I added some foam adhesive to the back to give the page some dimension. Then I used one of the stamps from the kit along with some white ink to stamp a circle of sentiments around the edge. I really love how this simple page turned out!


Overall, these pages came together really quickly thanks to the kit. And the "Explore" theme was perfect for documenting our trip! You can see all the details of how I created these pages in the video below.


I hope you were inspired to use your kit to document your own adventures!





1 comment:

  1. Michigan is so beautiful! Love your title page and layout.

    ReplyDelete