Thursday, September 12, 2019

Turn 3x4 cards into a 12x12 layout with Diane

Hi guys! Diane here with a fun way to use up some of those gorgeous 3x4 cards in the September Life Crafted kit. This technique is a really easy way to transition from creating pocket page layouts to trying traditional layouts! 


I used a 12x12 piece of white card stock as a base and then arranged my 3x4 cards and patterned paper trimmed to the same size, making sure to keep a nice balance of colour, scale and text. I made sure to leave a gap between cards for my four photos, the white background card stock will be the base for them.


Because I keep my 12x12 layouts in the same album as my Project Life, I've been trying to keep them as flat as possible. But I also want to add as much texture and interest as I can. So before I adhered each card to the base, I used the edge of my scissors to rough up the edges and add a little definition to each card. I used my sewing machine to stitch a little white border around my photos as well.


Then I added a little something to each of the cards, using a mix of die cuts, printable and puffy stickers. I trimmed some of these and added them to the sides of each card and others I layered with my photos. Then all I had left to do was add my title and journalling and call the layout done!


Here's a look at the process this layout took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this technique so don't forget to tag me and share in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!


No comments:

Post a Comment