Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Interactive Life Crafted Spread with Shannon


Hey there, scrappy friends! Shannon here and I'm back with another interactive scrapbook layout. This time, I am working outside of the pockets to make my entire page flip open. I love the extra space that it gives me to add even more photos and journaling cards! [Note: The June 2020 CRAVINGS Life Crafted Kit is now sold out. You can find some of the product digitally here and/or start a subscription for July here. Where possible, I will link to the digital version of the sold out product.]


I started with a sheet of 8.5x11 white cardstock. I cut that down to about 8.75x8.5. I folded it so that the top flap was just over 4" wide, using a bone folder to make sure I had a good crease. I used another sheet of white cardstock to cut the butterflies from the Become the Change cut file. In my Silhouette software, I resized the butterflies a bit so they would fit perfectly on my top flap. After cutting the outline, I backed each with a sheet of grey cardstock in the middle and a mix of patterned papers from the June 2020 CRAVINGS Life Crafted Kit and June 2020 scrapbooking add-on. I finished off the page with some alphas and embellishments from the June Life Crafted Kit and scrapbooking add-on.


I lined the inside of the flap with woodgrain patterned paper from the June 2020 scrapbooking add-on. I punched holes with my 6-hole punch to add it to my album. I then used a mix of photos, a journaling card, and some ephemera to create a grid. On the inside of the flip-out page, I kept my embellishments flat so that the page would lay mostly closed. You'll also notice that I left a small white space between each page of woodgrain paper. That's the crease. I left the space so the page would fold and stay closed easier.


I love using digital journaling cards when I have a lot to say. Typing it out is much easier than writing it. I know I'd run out of space with my handwriting and typing gives me the option to edit. I used the bottom space on the journaling card to add some embellishments that worked with my color scheme, which also works well with the colors in my photos. This would also be the perfect place to add a stamp if you can't find embellishments that work!



On the right side of my spread, I went with a full-sized photo of my family. I didn't want this side to be too busy since I have the butterflies with so many different patterns on the left side. I kept the embellishments to a minimum. I used a few phrase stickers and ephemera pieces from the June 2020 Life Crafted Kit that worked well together to create a sentiment. It just so happened that my photo had the perfect white space for this!


I love that the flip-out page allowed me more space to add to my memories - double the space, in fact! I was able to fit much more on my spread while still keeping a smaller footprint with a smaller album. I hope I've inspired you to give interactive scrapbooking a try. I can't wait to see what you create!


No comments:

Post a Comment